Thursday, December 17, 2009
In the current economic climate we are mindful that every dollar counts and a private guided tour is a luxury service. We would like to offer our tips on how to save some $$$ on your tour of Ireland.
1. Book Early - Book Your flights well in advance and sign up to the airlines newsletter so you will be informed of the best deals when they are available.
2.Travel Out Of Season - March , April and October are beautiful months in Ireland and the least expensive months to travel.
3. Don't Pay Unnecessary Fees - We will advise on the best way to avoid fees to middlemen and credit card companies.
4. Mix it Up - We offer many ways to enjoy Ireland without an expensive price tag. You still get the personal service but not the price. This includes staying at B&B's, using trains and sometimes public tours work well in certain places like Dublin.
5. Book with Us - We are committed to giving honest value for money. We are not a big company with corporate structures. This means we are very flexible to your budget requirements. Also by using our offers on the left you can save more and get more bang for your buck.
We have the most luxurious customized itinerary with the finest 5 Star hotels in Ireland.Our tour will your most special ever festive season !!! It is a tour of all five star hotels including the Merrion Hotel in Dublin, hayfield Manor in Cork, Sheen Falls in Kenmare and Ashford Castle in Connemara where you will spend the New Year.
Check out the Sample Tour Here !!
Now Thats What I would Call a Wonderful Christmas Tour of Ireland
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
We recieved over 100 testimonials from our tours in 2009. Many of these are posted on our website on http://www.irelandchauffeurtravel.com/testimonials.php We recieved many more by letter, card, postcard, gift and personal invitation. We visited a number of our past clients on our trip to Florida this year and many are amazed that we still remember them five years later. Personally i remember each tour as each tour is always unique, different and interesting. Each group brings its own dynamics which makes it more interesting and memorable and of course each route is different as each is personalized per group requirements. The group in this photo are the Michalisins, Flahertys and Gagliardis from New Jersey. I am sure if I ever make it to New Jersey we will have a coffee on the famous New Jersey shore and remember fondly the summer in Ireland ( thats an oxymoron by the way , we dont get summer in Ireland , at least not one like they get in New Jersey). Shane
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
We are currently working on new and exciting tours of Ireland for the 2010 season. We have lots of great touring ideas to make 2010 the most exciting year ever to visit Ireland. For example we are incorporating lots of new and interesting destinations such as The Beara Peninsula, we have new restaurants and hideaways we are looking forward to showing you as well as the old favorites. What really makes Ireland a special place to visit is the diversity of landscapes, the warm nature of the people and the wonderful range of food and accommodations that can be experienced in a relatively short period of time. Year after year Ireland is among the top destinations in the world to visit and we are sure that 2010 will be another vintage year for those visiting the Emerald Isle. Contact us today on 1800 329 9138 to discuss your special touring itinerary.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
See our Thanksgiving Newsletter on the following link
Monday, November 23, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
10. Achill Island & Atlantic Drive, Co Mayo. - Achill is Irelands most accessible island with stunning views and pirate legends.
9. Sally Gap Drive - Co. Wicklow. - Built by the British to uncover Irish rebels in Hiding this is great high mountain scenery.
8. KnockmealDown Mountains - Co. Tipperary - Unspoilt scenic drives with rhodedandron forests and pristine lakes.
7. Kilkenny Craft Trail, Co Kilkenny. - Pottery, leather, woodwork, stained glass, all very high quality and very assessible.
6. The Mourne Mountains, Co. Down - An area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, see the mountains fall to the sea ...
5. MullaghMore, the Burren Region, West Clare - A Hidden gem this is a honeycomb mountain with wild flowers galore.
4. CarrowKeel & CarrowMore , Co. Sligo - Perhaps the most significant neoglithic cemetary in Europe .. and amazing views.
3. Antrim Glens & Causeway Coast Co. Antrim - Coastal scenery doesnt get better than this .. magnificant driving terrain.
2. Slieve League - West Donegal - Highest sea cliffs in Europe, quaint villages, Irelands most rural and rugged landscape.
1. Beara Peninsula - West Cork - Perfect for touring with breathtaking vistas and charming villages. Healy Pass is awesome.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
Ireland Chauffeur Travel Short Tour of Ireland packs in the very best highlights of the Emerald Isle in the limited time you have at your disposal. All our tours are fully customized and below is just a flavour of what we can accomplish in a short period of time. On our tour you will see a mixture of ancient and modern sights as well as natural beauty and wonders as well as our finest National Parks. Our tour begins in Dublin taking the very best of the Capital including Trinity College & the Book of Kells, Phoenix Park, Guinness Brewery & the City Centre. We travel to Wicklow Mountains National Park, Kilkenny Castle and the Rock of Cashel. Onwards to Killarney and the immortal Lakes of Killarney incorporating Muckross House & Torc Waterfall and mountains. North to Cliffs of Moher, Ireland's most spectacular natural wonder and the surrounding Burren Region. From West Clare we travel north to Galway City, Ireland's most cultural city and finally returning to Dublin taking in Clonmacnoise Monastic City and the spectacular rivers, lakes and bogs of the midlands. On the tour you will see Castles, monasteries, cathedrals, churches, and landmarks from Irelands unique and chequered past. For a sample tour see the following http://www.irelandchauffeurtravel.com/Short_Tour_Of_Ireland.pdf
Friday, October 30, 2009
A– A good book will always deliver a sense of place or deepen the pool of knowledge before, during or after a visit. Luckily for our visitors you will have an up to date living guide book in your Ireland Chauffeur Travel Driver Guide. We do recommend bringing one supplementary guide for your own reference. The guide we recommend the Most is the Eyewitness Guide to Ireland as it is very pictorial and can bring attractions to life by viewing the graphic maps and 3d interiors. For a great historical guide to Ireland we recommend Jonathon Bardons "History of Ireland in 250 Episodes". This amazing guide can also be purchased on I Tunes in audio format. For modern day economic and socio political information on Ireland we highly recommend the books of David Mc Williams including "The Popes Children". Mc Williams is a respected economist in Ireland and his books are insightful and entertaining. From a literature perspective there are so many great authors from James Joyce, Wb Yeats, Oscar Wilde, Flann O Brien, GB Shaw, Dean Swift to mention a few that its hard to make recommendations. Modern day authors include John Banville, Colm Tobin and Maeve Binchy.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Who organized this tour without mumblin’
He took six chicks from the Canadian sticks
And listened to their jokes without grumblin’!"
From The Canadian Chicks from Vancover who travelled in late August 2009.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
A Wonderful Easter Break from Ireland
Below are Five “Great” Reasons to choose Ireland Chauffeur Travel as your Custom Tour Provider in Ireland.
1. Best Deals on Hotels & Activity - We constantly have Special Offers which are imaginative and unique. The unique offers are possible due to our special relationship with our suppliers which we have carefully built up over the years. We are in a unique position to offer complimentary upgrades and the "best available rooms" at Irelands best loved hotels & castles.
2. Irelands Finest Customized Itineraries - All our itineraries are tailor made to your exact requirements. We listen to your needs and then create a custom tour that matches those needs. If you need changes we go back to the drawing board until we have a tour that is tailor made. No Other Tour Operator customizes like we do. Click Here to Request a Customized Proposal.
3. Professional Irish Driver Guides - Our guides are the very best in Ireland. We have expert guides that specialize in all areas of interest from links golf, to genealogy, history to heritage. We even have specialists on pubs, gourmet dining, gardens, music & shopping. We are based in Ireland and spend the season travelling and touring so we are constantly upgrading and learning new things which we are always happy to share. Our office is brimming with "up to date" information that could fill a guide book. In fact we like to think of our driver guides as “living” guide books. Meet some of our expert Irish driver guides on this link.
4. Gourmet Dining & Pubs in Ireland- We love dining in all sorts of places in Ireland. It is one of the great pleasures of touring in Ireland from a seafood chowder at a local pub, oysters in a thatched cottage, Irish Stew by the fire in a local pub, gourmet retreats and hard to find specialist places are our specialty and again we love to share ... that’s what makes Ireland fun...Do you know where to get the best Guinness in Connemara, we will be happy to show you when you get there !!!!
5. Satisfaction Guaranteed- We receive great feedback and testimonials from our Private Tours of Ireland. We put it down to exceptional professional service, exceeding Your expectations and having a genuine interest in making your trip the best tour ever. That’s why we are always ready to talk and e-mail. We'd love to hear from you soon. See our testimonials page for feedback from over 100 happy clients...
Call Us Today to discuss Your Unique Tour of Ireland TollFree: 1 800 329 9138
(Gaelic for “Bye for Now”)
Friday, March 13, 2009
St. Patrick's Festival Dublin12th-17th March - DublinSt. Patrick's Festival is now by far the biggest annual event in the country providing entertainment for all interests and ages.
St. Patrick's Spring Fest & International Band Festival12th-17th March - Limerick CityLimerick plays host to the St. Patrick’s Spring Fest and Limerick International Band Festival with something for all the family.
Clare Drama Festival26th March - 4th April - Scariff Co ClareOne of the many drama festivals of full length plays that take place in various cities, towns and villages throughout Ireland at this time of year.
Clifden Heritage Railway Weekend27th - 29th March - Clifden, Connemara, Co GalwayClifden Heritage Railway Weekend celebrates one of the great lost railways of Ireland.
Galway Comedy Festival9th-13th April - Galway CityComedy Show taking place in Galway City over Easter.
Easter Walking Festival10th-13th April - Glenbeigh Co KerryDiscover the beauty of Kerry in late Spring, on some of the best walks and climbs in the country, in the company of experienced local guides.
Easter Egg Hunts11th-13th April - Athlone Co RoscommonAll the family can take part in fun Easter Egg Hunts on Glendeer Open Farm over the Easter weekend
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Patrick Junior is the third eldest male in the Kelly family to keep the name and he will undoubtbaly make a great farmer in time.
This picture is taken on his third day in Waterford.
Well Done Orla, Paddy and Patrick Junior.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
1. Better rates in Hotels. Particularly five star hotels. Luxury Manor and Castles have dropped rate by as much as 40%. This brings them in line with 4 Star Hotel rates.
2. Less traffic on the small Irish roads. This is great particularly in the honey pots of Killarney, Ring of Kerry and Dingle Peninsula and Burren Region.
3. The locals are going back t the pubs. Believe it or not the recession has increased beer sales. Diageo who owns Guinness reported a 2% increase in beer sales in the last quarter of 2008.
4. Sales, Sales, Sales... everything from crystal, linen, woolens, ceramics, art and crafts are at unbeatable prices at the moment... it’s a good time to stock up on Irish goods.
5. Increased Competition - This means better quality and lower prices all round... the better the competition the better the quality so that’s a bonus too!!!!
We don’t want the recession to last forever but it does have some benefits to the visitor to Ireland.. and of course . The more people that come the sooner it ends for all of us.. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
We recommend the following for those looking for value in Ireland in 2009.
1. Stay at a 5 Star Hotel like Ashford Castle - Its once in a lifetime and great value at the moment.
2. Buy Water ford Crystal - This famous Irish brand may be joining the dinosaurs in extinction.
3. Enjoy a Guinness with the locals .. the Irish like to sing when things get bad !!!
4. Eat Well - People are returning to locally produced and home cooked food so expect lots of potatoes and butter
5. Make sure you use the expertise of Ireland Chauffeur Travel, Irelands leading driver guided travel service.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
3. Aer Lingus Have a Seat Sale on !! You can book Spring Flights Today from $199 each way and Summer Flights from $249 each way from Major Airports in USA. Visit Aer Lingus Website , Talk to Our Office Or Your Trusted Local Travel Agent for more information. Aer Lingus currently has Direct flights to Ireland from Boston, New York, Washington, Orlando, San Francisco and Chicago. There are indirect flights from over 100 more cities in North America & Canada.
4. We are offering Heritage Ireland Entrance Cards for All our Heritage & Premium Touring Clients in 2009. These cards allow free access to over "100 of Irelands Top Attractions" including world famous visitor attractions that feature on All of our Heritage Tours. They range from Castles, National Parks, Historic Prisons, Victorian Manor Houses, Ancient Monastic Sights & Mysterious Neolithic Monuments. Among the highlights are Kilkenny Castle, Newgrange, Kilmainham Jail, Muckross House & Gardens & The Rock of Cashel ( Pictured below) . For more information please check out our Special Offers section on our website.
5. Ireland is now officially "The Worlds Friendliest Travel Destination" as voted by prestigious Lonely Travel - Bluelist - The Best in World Travel Guide 2008. Thanks !!! To all our fellow Irishmen and Irishwomen for making Ireland such a great country to visit over the last 100 years and making our job so much easier !!!! (We choose only the friendliest hotels with the friendliest personnel on our tours of Ireland).
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Among the "You cant possibly miss this" Highlights of Ireland worth considering for a raid and grab tour of Ireland not seen since the days of the Vikings are :
The highlights of Dublin and Surrounding Areas- Trinity, Guinness and St Patricks Cathedral
The Wicklow Mountains incorporating Glendalough and Powerscourt ( From Dublin)
Kilkenny Medieval City & Castle/ Graignamanagh / Inistoige / Nicholas Mosse Pottery
The Rock of Cashel / Swiss Cottgage and Cahir Castle ( From Cork or Shannon)
The Ring of Cork Including Blarney, Cobh Heritage Centre, Middleton and Kinsale
Waterford Crystal Factory, Dunmore East, Lismore heritage Town and Ardmore.
The Ring of Kerry Tour - Muckross, Molls Gap, Sneem, Gap of Dunloe and Kenmare
West Clare Tour of Cliffs of Moher, Ailwee Caves and the Burren. (From Shannon)
Galway City, Connemara coastal drive and Kylemore Abbey. (From Galway)
Newgrange , Hill of Tara and Boyne Valley Drive. (From Dublin)
Call us on 1 800 329 9138 or e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do the rest ... the last thing you need on a short tour si to worry about which side of the road to drive on .. let us look after you in style, while you enjoy the Emerald Isle.
Shane Leahy ...
"Welcome to Obama Country" read two billboards on either side of Moneygall, Co Offaly, which is now hoping for its first US presidential visit.
"We're hopeful that, come Wednesday morning, Brian Cowen will be congratulating US president-elect Barack Obama and inviting him to the town of his ancestors," said local Church of Ireland canon Stephen Neill.
Historians have unearthed records showing Obama's maternal ancestors lived, worked, married and had children in the Moneygall area more than 150 years ago.
Fulmuth Kearney, who is Obama's third great-grandfather, left Moneygall for New York in 1850 to eventually settle in Ohio.
"We've never seen such an interest in any election here ever before," said Henry Healy, who claims to be a distant relation of Hawaiian-born Mr Obama.
Mr Healy, whose family has been in Moneygall since 1750, has traced his family tree to meet the Kearney Obama dynasty.
"In 1760 a Joseph Kearney of the parish of Moneygall married a Sarah Healy also of the parish," he said. "Sarah and Joseph are great-grandparents to Fulmuth Kearney who was Barack's last link to Ireland," said Mr Healy.
Residents of Moneygall, on the N7 Limerick road, are gearing up for a US election party in Ollie Hayes's Bar in the town tomorrow night.
"There's a huge amount of excitement in the area now that election week is finally upon us," said Canon Neill.
"We have Hardy Drew and the Nancy Boys playing their song There's No One as Irish as Barack Obama and we hope to be celebrating with early indications from the US as the night unfolds," said Canon Neill.
"Mr Obama said he'll visit the 'little village' in Ireland that has adopted him, so we hope to be able to roll out the red carpet as soon as all the votes are in."
- This article Appeared in the Irish Times.
PS - If anybody wishes to visit Obama Country on an Ireland Chauffeur Travel Tour we will be happy to oblige. We also have Ronald Reagan Country in Ballyporeen, Tipperary ( where we are from) if Republicans wish to visit a Presidents homeland in Ireland.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Ireland Chauffeur Travel Driver Guides
1. A knowledgeable, well groomed, mannerly and friendly driver who knows his way around Ireland taking you to the highlights as well as hidden unexplored gems known only to the experts.
2. Expertise and information on the best and most interesting place to stay, eat, drink and shop throughout your stay in Ireland.
3. An interesting and informed commentary on Ireland from multiple facts including historic, social, economic and religious / spiritual perspective.
4. Research and provide information you seek on genealogy, places of interest, unique interests and hobbies.
5. A consultant for your entire tour as well as a booking liaison for your restaurants, activities, excursions and special events such as festivals and race meetings.
We look forward to your visit to Ireland and showing you a wonderful time around the Emerald Isle.
For Small Group Tours of Ireland we take all the stress out of the logistics of group travel using our expert transport, travel and accommodation management service.
We take care of all land arrangements including all transfers, transportation, accommodation, activities, entertainment, day tours, and individual activities such as golf and group events. We arrange specialist transportation with driver guides for your small group tour of Ireland. We use Mercedes Sprinter Minibus for groups of eight to twelve and Mercedes Riada Minicoach for groups larger than twelve.
We only use driver /guides with expertise in group dynamics and if you would like a tour driver and touring guide we can arrange this also.
We use our knowledge and expertise to arrange suitable accommodations for small groups considering the following
Hotels that have adequate room and facility capacity for small group requirements.
Centrally located so individual group members can choose different activities.
Different room types and sizes for various group requirements.
Hotels that cater for specialist activities and requests such as special events and music nights.
Hotels that offer rate reductions and complimentary upgrades for group travelers.
We will be happy to help you to Customize Your Ireland Group Travel Arrangements for Ireland. If you already have an outline of your tour we will be happy to work with you. Call us on 1 800 329 9138 E-mail us email@example.com for a sample tour and quotation based on YOUR Requirements and preferences.
For a Price Guide Please Click Here