Thursday, November 19, 2009
10 Best Places to See in Ireland in 2010
10. Achill Island & Atlantic Drive, Co Mayo. - Achill is Irelands most accessible island with stunning views and pirate legends.
9. Sally Gap Drive - Co. Wicklow. - Built by the British to uncover Irish rebels in Hiding this is great high mountain scenery.
8. KnockmealDown Mountains - Co. Tipperary - Unspoilt scenic drives with rhodedandron forests and pristine lakes.
7. Kilkenny Craft Trail, Co Kilkenny. - Pottery, leather, woodwork, stained glass, all very high quality and very assessible.
6. The Mourne Mountains, Co. Down - An area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, see the mountains fall to the sea ...
5. MullaghMore, the Burren Region, West Clare - A Hidden gem this is a honeycomb mountain with wild flowers galore.
4. CarrowKeel & CarrowMore , Co. Sligo - Perhaps the most significant neoglithic cemetary in Europe .. and amazing views.
3. Antrim Glens & Causeway Coast Co. Antrim - Coastal scenery doesnt get better than this .. magnificant driving terrain.
2. Slieve League - West Donegal - Highest sea cliffs in Europe, quaint villages, Irelands most rural and rugged landscape.
1. Beara Peninsula - West Cork - Perfect for touring with breathtaking vistas and charming villages. Healy Pass is awesome.